Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Now She Has Her Story Straight

This morning on the way to work, I decided to call G-cell and see if I can get more information out of him. No answer.

A few hours later, Mom calls and says "I saw you tried to call me." Once again I inquire about the accident, how she is, etc. I figure now she has had time to conconct a story.

She tells me that her and G were driving home and she doesn't remember what happened, back to the tire or brakes story. I said "What, G was with you? Why didn't he call me?"

"I really don't know. I was out for two days and just woke up yesterday. I don't know what he hit. I hit the windshield. Maybe he couldn't call long distance from the Hospital."

I then asked a few more questions and inquired about her being in the City Located Hospital. She then says "I guess now is the time to tell the truth - we were in the city to attend one of my drug dealers funeral. He was shot. I guess its no loss to you. Thats the truth."

There were a few things about this conversation that did not make sense and according to Judge Judy - "If something doesn't make sense, it's not true."

Why wouldn't G call me sooner? He always calls for emergencies.
Why did he call yesterday and leave the voicemail "Your mom has been in an accident." It wasn't "we were in an accident."
And why would he go to her drug dealers funeral??

Well - I call my sister to update her on the situation. Of course, Mom has not called her. How can you be in a life/death car accident and not call your daughter. Just another thing that doesn't make sense.

No comments: