Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Turkey Soup

Last week we got homemade Turkey Soup for Thanksgiving from Mom. She called and my sister went over and picked it up before heading back to school. It was fantastic! Just like the old days. I called the house the next morning and left a message - "Thanks for the Soup, it was great."

A couple days later she calls and says "Hi hon. I was able to see everyone for Thanksgiving except for you. What happened? Where were you - Did Grandma tell you I showed up for the Family dinner?" She made small talk and wanted me to call her to get together over the weekend. She also wanted to know if I would like some Chili next time she cooks. The next day I had a missed call from her, when I returned it there was no answer. I left a message.

Sunday morning - 10am on the nose. Here we go again. This time it is G. "A, do you have my crock your mom sent soup over in?" Yes, here on the table. "She's gone again, divorce is back on, I am coming to pick it up" He then proceeded to rant for about 20 minutes about how horrible my mom is. I just want to scream "THEN TELL HER NO!! JUST FOLLOW THROUGH FOR ONCE, G!" Instead, I just listen and let him go. I put his dish on the porch and we hid when he showed up to pick it up. I just didn't want to hear it again.......

So, fast forward to today.. On my way home, my cell rings "Gcell" I ignored it and then listened to the voicemail. It was mom again. "Hi hon, I need $240 for Christmas shopping - if you have any checks of mine left. Please call me" I wasn't home for 10 minutes and the house phone rang. "Did you get my message". I told her No. She stated that she needed $240 to finish Christmas shopping and G won't give it to her. He was yelling the background "Tell her why - tell her you moved out" She says she will show me the receipts so I know she shopped with the $ and she will send G over to get it so I know she doesn't have it. I said "I don't control you or your $, the checks just happen to be here" She says they are coming right over to get it.

She shows up, gets the check and leaves. That is really about it. She gave me a hug and said "I love you honey." I said nothing except that I don't have any more of your $ here. She didn't ask to see the boys. She didn't ask about me. She didn't ask about my husband who is having surgery tomorrow. She just wanted the money...........

Pissed off, is really all I can say. Maybe tomorrow it will be hurt, but right now I am ANGRY!

4 comments:

Dying4Something2Live4 said...

I hope tomorrow you'll feel better. Keep your head up, that's all you can really do.

-Kelley

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry.

Daughter A said...

Thanks for the comments! It really does help!

miss7721 said...

Hi I just started reading your blog to day. I am on the other end though, I'm a recovering Heroin addict. I read about your Mom coming over to get her check and thats all she cared about was the money and left. I understand you probly miss having a mother around and a grandmother to your kids. But being a drug addict really is a disease. It is a mental illness and thats all you think about is how to get through your day and not be sick. Its a very sad thing. Thank God that myson is onley 4 and hopefully won't remember most of my not being there. But you are doing the right thing by not enableing her. Make it hard for her. I know its hard but she has to hit rock bottem before she'll change. Anyway I hope things look up for you and I'll continue to read your blog.---Melissa